It is possible to synchronize Microsoft Exchange and Outlook with the Skype for Business server. These allowes for example for presence information according to entries in your Outlook calendar.
Many features of the Skype for Business/Exchange/Outlook integration work via Plug&Play, if your Exchange server fulfills these minimum requirements:
- Usage of Outlook and Exchange server (each as pairs in 2007, 2010, or 2013) with the latest service pack installed.
- Deployment of a EWS (Exchange Web Services) and internal as well as external reachability.
- Publicly signed SSL certificates in the Exchange Server.
- The certificate authority has to be a authority supported by Microsoft.
- Usage of self-signed internal certificates is not possible.