To activate Microsoft Teams Direct Routing, the following prerequisites must be met:
- The customer must have an existing NFON Nconnect Voice contract;
- The customer must have a Microsoft Office 365 Tenant and the appropriate licenses that are required for the use of Microsoft Phone System;
- All technical requirements according to Microsoft's current specifications and recommendations must be met, including ensuring that a reliable Internet connection with the appropriate bandwidth (e.g. for VoIP, HD video) is available;
- The installation of the Microsoft Teams Client on users’ computer requires admin permissions onto the local PC;
- Microsoft Terms of Service must be accepted during the client installation.
The minimum requirements for installing and using the Microsoft Teams App are available on the Microsoft web site. In your Office 365 tenant, an additional domain must be added in order to interconnect with NFON multi-tenant session border controller. The details for this domain will be provided upon acceptance of the Nconnect Voice order by NFON.
Note that the activation of this domain requires a valid Office 365 license:
- E1 minimum for Office 365 Enterprise customers
- F1 minimum for Office 365 Education customers
- Microsoft 365 Business for business customers